Smoke Alarm Installation Program
In partnership with FEMA, the Chautauqua Safety Village offers free 10-year smoke alarms and installations by the Ashville Fire Department. Smoke alarms are distributed and installed on a first-come, first-serve basis and scheduled based on availability.
Please call (716) 338-0171 or contact us for more information, or to fill out a registration form.
Did you know?
- Three out of five home fire deaths result from fires in properties without working smoke alarms
- More than one-third (38 percent) of home fire deaths result from fires in which no smoke alarms are present.
- The risk of dying in a home fire is cut in half in homes with working smoke alarms.
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every level of the home, including the basement.
- Test alarms at least monthly by pushing the test button.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old, or sooner if they don’t respond properly.
- Make sure everyone in the home knows the sound of the smoke alarm and understands what to do when they hear it.
- If the smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside. Go to your outside meeting place.
- Call the fire department from outside the home.
Visit the U.S. Fire Association’s website for more safety tips and information!