With the combined efforts of the educational system, local fire departments, and law enforcement, we hope to make a difference in the lives of children for generations to come. We look forward to your participation!
We schedule classes on a first-come, first-serve basis, so be sure to schedule field trips early to ensure availability. The Chautauqua Safety Village is fully accessible to all children, just let us know the needs of your students prior to your visit!
- Our Fire, Traffic and Bicycle Safety classes are two hours long. Be sure to schedule transportation times with this in mind. Our morning classes run from 9:15am-11:15am or 9:30am–11:30am. Our afternoon classes run from 12:15pm–2:15pm or 12:30pm-2:30pm. If your class is coming from a far distance we are happy to accommodate your timeframe, just let us know!
- Traffic, Scooter, and Bicycle programs take place rain or shine, unless the weather is extreme or school has been cancelled. Students must wear gym shoes and should wear rain coats as necessary. No skirts, dresses, dress shoes or sandals.
- All classes are limited to 60 students per two-hour session. If additional students are to be included, class times will need to be adjusted.
- Chaperones are required. They are to provide adequate supervision and safety during the hands-on training portion of the classes, and are to accompany children at all times, including restroom breaks.
- We have a pavilion available to you that can be reserved if the class will be eating before returning to school. This will need to be reserved at the time of scheduling.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule two weeks notice is required.
Please call (716) 338-0171 or contact us for more information, or to schedule your field trip.