Babysitter Course (ages 12+)
Students will learn CPR and First Aid techniques for a child or infant, Heimlich Maneuver for choking victims, injury prevention, recognizing safety issues, behavior management, how to care for infants, simple toddler-friendly snack/dinner prep, and bottle warming/infant meals. We discuss the importance of a babysitter checklist and provide an activity bag full of babysitting essentials.
This course costs $75.00 per student and includes 2-year certification in CPR & AED for adults, children & infants through the American Heart Association, lunch, snacks, a babysitter bag with first aid kit, flashlight, activities, and more. Students should bring note taking supplies. Lunch will be provided, but students are welcome to bring their own lunch if preferred. Class times take place from 9:00a.m.-1:30p.m and are limited to 14 students.
Please note: the CPR & AED certification comes with a certificate of completion from the Safety Village. If you need the CPR 2-year certification card from AHA, they charge $17 for one. Please let staff know at the time of drop off and payment for the card can be made at that time.
We provide a limited number of scholarships for this course to qualified students, contact us if you would like information.
- CPR and AED for adults, children and infants (Following American Heart Association guidelines, a 2-year certification)
- Heimlich maneuver for choking patients (Following American Heart Association guidelines)
- Injury prevention and injury management
- First Aid techniques
- Recognize safety issues and learn how to respond in emergency situations.
- How to interact with different age levels and how to handle behavioral situations effectively.
- Recipes for making simple meals and toddler-friendly snacks
- How to warm a bottle and care for infants
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 – 4:00pm – 8:30pm. (Class is full)
- Friday, November 10, 2023 – 9:00am – 1:30pm
The November class falls on Veterans Day and schools are closed.
Please contact: at (716)338-0171 with any questions or by email at: email@example.com
If you cancel more than two weeks before class, we will refund everything except the 3% processing fee. If you cancel between one and two weeks of the class, you will receive a 50% refund. There are no refunds for cancellations made less than 1 week before class starts.
*Lunch will be provided or you may bring your own lunch.
Paid Babysitter Class Registration: Click Here