Babysitter Course (ages 12+)
This course teaches: CPR and First Aid techniques for a child or infant*, Heimlich Maneuver for choking victims, injury prevention, and recognizing safety issues. Students learn behavior management, how to care for infants, simple toddler-friendly snack/dinner prep, and bottle warming/infant meals. We discuss the importance of a babysitter checklist and provide an activity bag full of babysitting essentials.
*Following American Heart Association guidelines (2-year certification)
This course costs $75.00 per student and includes 2-year certification in CPR through the American Heart Association, lunch, snacks, a babysitter bag with first aid kit, flashlight, activities, and more. Students should bring note taking supplies. Lunch will be provided, but students are welcome to bring their own lunch if preferred. Class times take place from 9:00a.m.-1:30p.m and are limited to 10 students.
We provide a limited number of scholarships for this course to qualified students, contact us if you would like information.
- CPR and First Aid techniques child/infant (Following American Heart Association guidelines, a 2-year certification)
- Heimlich maneuver for choking patients (Following American Heart Association guidelines)
- Injury prevention and injury management
- Recognize safety issues and learn how to respond in emergency situations.
- How to interact with different age levels and how to handle behavioral situations effectively.
- How to prepare make simple meals and toddler-friendly snacks (We prepare a meal together, so let us know of any allergy concerns!)
- How to warm a bottle and care for infants
- October 10, 2022
- December 27, 2022
The course runs from 9am – 1:30pm and is limited to 10 students. All of the above classes are scheduled on days that schools are closed.
Please contact: at (716)338-0171 with any questions or by email at: email@example.com for scholarship inquiries.
If you cancel more than two weeks before camp, we will refund everything except the 3% processing fee. If you cancel between one and two weeks of the camp, you will receive a 50% refund. There are no refunds for cancellations made less than 1 week before camp starts.
*Lunch will be provided or you may bring your own lunch.
Please click here for a printable registration form: Babysitting Registration