Looking for opportunities in a fun rewarding environment? Check out our openings below:
Temporary Part-Time Community Educator
Weekly Hours: 20-25
Time frame: Mid-April – June 29, 2023
Pay: $18.00 per hour
We seek a fun and engaging educator to join our team for our spring classes! This position reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for instruction of Safety Village classes. All education is presented in an engaging and interactive way. Once core concepts are taught, all participants practice what they learned through hands-on activities.
Paid training is provided along with a supportive and fun work environment.
- Implement educational programs designed to improve knowledge about safety topics both at our facility and within the community to a variety of age levels.
- Deliver hands-on training and activities for schools and the community using interactive educational tools and hands-on learning experiences.
- Teach off site on occasion in accordance with the Safety Village schedule of classes.
- Set up / clean up classrooms and Safety Village equipment for programs.
- Provide support for events and programs by assisting in planning and implementation.
- Assist in providing community outreach and awareness through community events.
- Clerical duties and reporting.
- Assist with other duties as needed and when required.
- Professional experience and/or training in youth education required.
- Educator must have the ability to deliver training in an enthusiastic, animated manner as well as maintain classroom control.
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively before groups on topics pertaining to safety (ex: CPR, first aid, bike or traffic safety) supplemented by strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to flex work schedule to accommodate educational programming needs.
- Ideal candidate can multi-task and handle several roles and responsibilities well.
- Must be able to exert light to moderate physical effort, at times involving bending, kneeling, crouching, standing, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light to moderate weight (5-20 pounds). Bike and traffic safety education requires outdoor activities, where potential exposure to inclement weather conditions may occur.
Email resume and cover letter to Jessica Dayton at: email@example.com by March 30, 2023
Love our events?
Volunteer to assist in the planning, coordinating, or fundraising.
Good with kids?
Provide classroom support, assist in class organization, and student help.
Enjoy the outdoors?
Help us with landscaping and groundskeeping.
Need community service hours?
Student volunteer hours can be used toward community service requirements.
Did you know?
We partner with the Foster Grandparent Program and RSVP.
Please contact us for more information, or email Chautauqua Safety Village Executive Director, Jessica Dayton at firstname.lastname@example.org.