Whoville Exterior Decoration Requirements & Information
Thank you for your interest in decorating a building. Please read the information below. You can register by using the form provided, or by downloading a PDF version and emailing it in.
$100 prize, plus bragging rights, given to 1st place winner, $50 for 2nd, and $25 for 3rd
• Individuals, families, organizations, community groups, and businesses are welcome to join
• Building selection is on a first come basis.
• Only exterior decorations needed, as buildings interiors will be locked or in use during event. If you would like to use the inside of your building and provide a Christmassy game or activity, please let us know.
• We encourage a variety of decoration types, even DIY. The village will be well lit with street lights so most of your decorations should not require electric.
• Must be low wattage electric decor or battery operated (and stay lit for 4+ hours)
• Must have a Whoville feel…big, bold, colorful, unique
• Must withstand elements such as rain, snow, and wind
• Decorations may NOT be attached to buildings with nails, screw in hooks, or any other method that would make a permanent hole in building. Ground decorations should be secured with stakes.
• Only outdoor extension cords can be used outdoors (decorators must supply these)
• Decorations must be finished on the 14th no later than 2:30pm. Decorating can be done during the following days and times:
- December 9th – 8:00am – 3:00pm
- December 10th – 9:00am – 12:00pm
- December 12th – 8:00am – 3:00pm
- December 13th – 8:00am – 6:30pm
- December 14th – 10:00am – 2:30pm
• Decorations must be removed by 4:00pm on December 15th
• Creators are welcome to dress in their Whoville best.
• Decorations can have sound or music, but must be child friendly
• Creators are welcome to play instruments or sing / carol if desired
• If planning to attend to work your building please let us know how many people you plan to have jobs. Family and friends planning on participating in the other Whoville activities will require paid admission.
• Must complete attached form to confirm participation by 12/6/22. Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
PDF Registraion form: Click Here